• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Allow tools in actions to be recorded

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the latest photoshop cc version I cannot get an action to remember some tool changes, I have ticked Allow Tools in the action panel

I start a new action recording with a tiff file already opened on screen, duplicate the layer, choose Healing Brush in Darken mode for example, retouch a little, flatten layers and Stop the action recording

I now change my tool selections to Crop 5x4 for instagram, crop that file and close it.

Then I open another tiff file, when I play back my Healing brush action it does not reset my tools back to Healing brush, darken mode, they are still at the crop tool settings I used last.

Are only selected tools remembered in actions?

I can't get crop options, Healing, Clone, Patch tools to be remembered.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tool recording in Actions seems pretty much useless as so many settings are not part of the recording. 

You could workaround that by creating Tool Presests, the selection of which does record, but that seems like a waste of time to me. 

But to make sure if the Tool Selection was part of the recording, could you please post a screenshot of the fully expanded Action in the Actions Panel? 

If you aee reying to remove »lens dirt« from multiple images you could try using Camera Raw and synchronizing the images. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please expand Crop step in the Actions panel, crop settings must be recorded while for Healing brush and Camera Raw, for example you will see recorded data... and nothing else.

crop data inside action step.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have discovered that selecting a brush in the tools panel does not work but if you create a brush preset it works fine when included in the action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines