• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Alpha Channels show transparency grid

Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I am certain that my R, G, and B colour information alpha channels used to be entirely greyscale. Now I see transparency in them. I can't find a way to revert to greyscale with no transparent areas.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of photoshop and operating system are you using?

Can you post a screenshot(s)?

Check the Layer Opacity and Fill Opacity to verify they are 100%

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Photoshop 22.3.0.

2018 iMac/Big Sur 11.2.2

Screenshot attached.

Starting to think I'm going crazy.

D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Transparency in the layer will show up as transparency in the channels. If you don't want layer transparency, flatten the image (make a copy first).

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Within the Transparency & Gamut tab of the Photoshop Preferences is a section called Transparency Settings. Does setting the Grid Size to None achieve what you want?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That does work, thanks for taking the time. But it also applies to the Layers as well as the Channels.

I'm not complaining about the Channels. Just convinced that it was different before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The alpha channel called "Blue copy" does not have transparency. 

What is your goal in "not seeing" transparency in the three color channels? Do you want a flat image or do you want to hide the grid or something else?

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe the alpha channel without transparency was what the OP wanted to see. The first blue channel does show transparency.

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks everyone. I can work with the colour channels the way they are now. But I am sure that the RGB colour channels didn't have any transparency before. Just 8 bit greyscale. I may be wrong. I am getting very old...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can add a Background layer or add a new layer (white) at the bottom of layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again, everyone. I am not really complaining. Just trying to find out whether it was Photoshop that changed, or my brain...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines