• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Alpha editing?

Explorer ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,so I have an image with a background that must match another background which is the same color but with alpha 0.9 or 90% so a bit transparent,so I need to set my image's background(which is the same color as the other one) to 90% so that both backgrounds are the same color and equally transparent so when I put my image on the other background it seems like my image has  a transparent background but in reality it has the same color same alpha backgorund as the other one so it's invisible. I need this because if I try to cut the image for the backgorund so it has no background the pixels get rough(it's a circle) and when I put it on my website using CSS the pixels are more visible and rough because I cut it but if I don't cut it then it has a background that's visible. So how do I change the alpha or the transparency of my image's background? Or is there a better way to do this? I basically want an image with no visible background but without rough pixels so it looks smooth on my website.Checkmark is the cut one and checkmark copy1 is the one with the original background which I want to remove or blend inn  with the other one so the pixels aren't rough on the image.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Anyway I fixed it I copied the checkmark to a new layer and adjusted the opacity of the background in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also here is the backgorund I want the image to match up with. If I cut it when I hover like that on my thing the pixels look rough unlike on this image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm really not clear what you are asking. I've looked at your images multiple times and honestly don't understand what you are saying. At least the "rough" image appears to have nothing to do with transparencies at all, it's just some misalignment of some pixels for whatever reason. That aside it's never a good idea to work with partial transparencies when rendering images over CSS styles for the simple fact that due to color management issues (or lack thereof), the result could look completely different despite your best efforts. You need to make sure that everything looks right at 100 % opacity and fix whatever issues you have directly. And if you realyl have that much trouble, consider the old-fashioned way of having state-based images in your web code, not relying all on CSS. I can't see anything in your menu screenshot that would speak against it. It may not be hip and fancy, but works at least reliably...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I juts want my image to blend with the background of that image with the checkmarks,which is  a  bit transparent and I  want it that way because it looks more pretty I want my page background visible through it. However if \i put my checkmark on that backgorund the checkmark itself has a background to it and it's visble since it's not transparent. I want to make it so the checkmark's background blends in with the list one on the other image but if I want to achieve that with removing it with the magnetic tool when I select the image and select carefully every pixel of it and then layer via cut and I delete the background and then put the checkmark on my website it has rough pixels it's not showing up as a smooth circle when I hover over it there are pixels showing on the side. So to avoid that I wanted to tweak the alpha on the background of the checkmark so it matches with the alpha on the other background(of the list) whcih is 90% so it blends in. Nothing to do with the css I just want to edit the image and then put it in. How can I do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also I can't put my image in the html because it's used as a list marker the problem is the different transparency of the background and how do I make it blend without habing to cut the image because then  the rough piexels show.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Anyway I fixed it I copied the checkmark to a new layer and adjusted the opacity of the background in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines