• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

already set to sRGB but the color is still off

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2020 Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I've set my color profile to sRGB, and tried both save as and save for web( and checked sRGB option) but the result image is still duller than the original color in photoshop... help please! 

not wokfing2.JPG

not working.JPGwhy.JPG

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Mar 29, 2020 Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Standard answer: Just arbitrarily enforcing color profiles doesn't constitute actual color management. That's pretty much the case here - you are messing up your colors because you are not working with CM, yet somehow muck around with color profiles. Start by checking your monitor profile, your proof settings and so on. In case of doubt just reset to factory defaults and start with a clean slate. A bit of reading up on how to instate a basic CM when needed in the online help might not hurt, either.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the target ultimately? 

Printing or on-screen-display (and if the latter then in a color managed application or not)? 

Did you embed the color profile? 

Please set the Status Bar to »Document Profile« and post a more meaningful screenshot. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two things:

• Windows "Photos" is not color managed. It ignores all color profiles and will never display correctly under any circumstances. Ignore it.
  • Safe For Web is by default configured to disable/turn off all color management. To enable it, check "embed color profile" and set Preview to "use document profile". Save For Web will match Photoshop with these settings. Why it's not the default has always baffled me, but there it is.

Always use color managed software to view your files correctly. There are color managed alternatives for everything these days, including image viewers and web browsers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I agree with D Fosse,  Photoshop should be showing you accurate colour [as long as you have a good display profile],

applications like Windows Photos will not because there's no colour management built in. 

I hope this helps

neil barstow, colourmanagement.net :: adobe forum volunteer

[please do not use the reply button on a message in the thread, only use the one at the top of the page, to maintain chronological order]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines