Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Alt + Adjustment Layer not working.

Guide ,
Mar 20, 2020 Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone.

I am a PC User. I can easily click on adjustment Layer, and add any effects, such as Hue and Saturation or Curves.

I remember I used to Hold the Alt Key and click on Adjustment Layers, But Now when I hold the Alt Key, and click on Adjustment Layer, Nothing happens.

Thank you very much.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2020 Mar 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide meaningful screenshot including the pertinent Panels (Layers, Properties, …). 

Whoch Photoshop version are you working with? 

And didn’t you mean double-clicking instead of alt-clicking? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you want to rename Adjustment layer upon creating? It works to hold down Alt and to click Adjustment layer icon in the Adjustments panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running the latest version of adobe creative cloud. I am not trying to rename the Adjustment Layer. I just want to know why, when I Hold down on Alt Key and Press the Adjustment Layer Nothing happens. Here Is the Screen-Shot

Thank you very much.

Alt Clicking.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you expect to happen? You are clicking on icon which expands list with options. If you hold Alt and click on icon without list like new layer, for example, you will get dialogue to name your layer, create clipping mask and so on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That what I am trying to explain. When I Alt Click, Its like dimmed-Out, you have no options. I was watching a few Tutorials, on creating Adjustment Layers, By holding Alt or Option. But In my case, nothing happens.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATED:

Ok, I noticed If I Alt+Right Click, Not Left Click on the mouse I get this:

Alt Right Mouse.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me. THX

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2020 Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, I had misunderstood your original post. 

But might you not be better off creating the Adjustment Layers from the Adjustments Panel? 

There alt-clicking raises the »New Layer«-dialog. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you click on the Adjustment Layer for example Hue and Saturation, it adds a Hue and saturation to your Layer. But, If you want to have the Hue and Saturation Adjustment Layer, and have the Property New Layer box open at the same time, you have to Hold Alt and Right-Click and click on your desired effects.

NOTE: you must not let the mouse go while holding Alt+ Right Click on the adjustment

layer list.

Thanks

Alt Right Click.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines