• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Alt-Click with Wacom Tablet on layer mask not working

Contributor ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have reciently noticed that when I alt-click on a layer mask with my Wacom Intuos Pro tablet it is not diaplaying the layer mask.  Ocassional it does but most of the time it does not.  My mouse works just fine.  It does not make any difference if I use a Wacom tablet key or my keyboard for Alt. Notice that the layer icons at the bottom of the layer panel blink (gray out) when I click.  It does not do this when I use the mouse.  The shift and ctrl - click all work as expected.  Also Alt-click on other parts of the image work just fine.   I am on Windows 10 64 bit, Photoshop ver 21.1.3, Wacom driver 6.3.39-1.  See attached video

Any thoughts?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Contributor ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried this on three different computers and they are all doing the same thing.  All Windows 10.  Is no one experiencing this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My first line of defense when I run into Wacom tablet and Photoshop issues is to reinstall the tablet driver. I've found that periodically, especially after a Ps update that there becomes a disconnect between the two. This generally addresses 95% of the issues that I encounter.

warmly/j

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion.  I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver and that did not work.  Any other suggestions?

Having this same issue on three different computers I am surprised others are not having the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello are you using Window Ink in the driver? did you use the wintab textfile fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestions.  Yes I am using Windows Ink.  I have read many different articles about using Wintab and the text file and there seems to be conflicting information on whether this solves problems or creates additional problems.  Just to confirm, you suggest I install the Wintab driver, create a PSUSerConfig.txt file with a line UseSystemStylus 0 and turn off "Use Windows inc"  Is that correct?  Will I still have pen pressure in Photoshop?  It doesn't hurt to try this.  I can always go back.  I think I have tried this before and did not like the results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried some more tests:

I installed an older version of the Wacom driver.  Problem still existed

Then I installed several older versions of Photoshop

This feature is working with:

Version 20.0.9 PS 2019 version

21.1.1 Feburary 2020

Not working with:

21.1.3 (latest version)

This apprears to be  Photoshop bug when version 21.1.2 came out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wacom has confirmed that they are aware of this problem and they do not know when a fix will be available. They advised me to try an older version Wacom driver. I have tried an older driver and it did not fix the problem. I have gone back to using PS CC 2019. This and several other bugs were not present with this version. I am really surprised more people are not complaining about this issue. I can't be the only one experiencing it.  I can duplicate this issue in three differenty computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines