Highlighted

Alt key eyedropper

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, so I got a tablet a few days ago to start drawing on Photoshop. 

I was wondering if there's any way to configure the Alt+Click eyedropper tool so I don't need to click to grab a new colour, and just pick it when I let go the Alt key.
It feels kinda sloppy having to click again to grab the new colour, at least with a tablet since you have to lift the pen to move the cursor without painting (something I don't have to worry about with a mouse, so switching between painting and grabbing new colours feels more natural). Since you have to tap the tablet with the pen to click it kinda ruins the flow of the painting.

So that would be it. Is it possible to configure the eyedrop tool to grab a colour just by tapping the Alt key (or any other key, I just wanna get rid of the clicking part)

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Alt key eyedropper

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, so I got a tablet a few days ago to start drawing on Photoshop. 

I was wondering if there's any way to configure the Alt+Click eyedropper tool so I don't need to click to grab a new colour, and just pick it when I let go the Alt key.
It feels kinda sloppy having to click again to grab the new colour, at least with a tablet since you have to lift the pen to move the cursor without painting (something I don't have to worry about with a mouse, so switching between painting and grabbing new colours feels more natural). Since you have to tap the tablet with the pen to click it kinda ruins the flow of the painting.

So that would be it. Is it possible to configure the eyedrop tool to grab a colour just by tapping the Alt key (or any other key, I just wanna get rid of the clicking part)

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
JJMack LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tablets have buttons as do pens the can be alt

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines