• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Altering a logo for the web

Participant ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a logo that was created without considering it's use on a dark background and I'm thinking the creation of a "halo" around the upper portion - especially were the figures are the darkest - would resolve the problem without wholesale changes to the logo and colors. I suspects it's a simple process,but being new to Photoshop and eager to complete the setup of my website, I'm hoping someone can provide some insight or referral to appropriate tutorials.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

What you want is called "Outer Glow".

What you show is a jpeg, which does not support layers. Do you have either a layered Photoshop file or an Illustrator file of the logo? Did you create it?

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I do have a PSD version of the logo, but am unable to locate the original I designed. I 'm quite sure that all I have is the "flattend" version without the orignal layers of text and images I created. Strange things happen when your old PC dies and things get lost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines