• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Altering colour of fabric to match a sample establishing hue...how ?

Participant ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Altering a fabric in a photo from one colour to an off grey version of the same fabric in another photo. The target (or reference) picture with the 'off grey' I can see a hint of colour , is it magenta, or red, or what.

I pipette it and see in colour picker its based on a slightly orangey red.

I now wish to adjust the fabric to that grey with a hint of orangey red.

Is there a way of doing so other than dragging the hue saturation slider until my photo takes on that hue, then I drag the saturation slider to kill the colour down to a hint only.

Seeing that hue in a photo when the colour in that photo isnt at max saturation is tricky.

A sort of 'adjust hue to pipetted hue' command.

or maybe I should duplicate the photo I am altering, drag saturation slider to max, then alter hue until visually I get that orangey red and note the hue number I need, then apply that same hue drag amount to the photo to be altered.

Merlin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

After making the Selection. have you tried Edit > Fill with Foreground Color with the Mode set to Color?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After making the Selection. have you tried Edit > Fill with Foreground Color with the Mode set to Color?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines