Alternative glyphs not working

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently activated the font, "Orpheus", in Adobe Fonts (Adobe CC). My problem is this: Although all the alternative styles/swashes are showing in the Glyphs Panel, it is not changing my text when I click it. Is anyone familiar with this problem and knows how to solve it? I appreciate your help, thanks!

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Alternative glyphs not working

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently activated the font, "Orpheus", in Adobe Fonts (Adobe CC). My problem is this: Although all the alternative styles/swashes are showing in the Glyphs Panel, it is not changing my text when I click it. Is anyone familiar with this problem and knows how to solve it? I appreciate your help, thanks!

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 04, 2021 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just activated that font and it seems to work here with Orpheus Pro. Do you have the text selected (not just the layer) and are you double clicking in the glyphs panel to add the alternative character?

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 04, 2021 0
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

Thank you for the reply. Yes, I am double clicking in the glyphs after selecting the letter but nothing happens. I even tried inserting the letter but it's the same. I have attached a screenshot.. As you can see, all the letters in the box after "Glyphs" are the styles I already chose but the letter "R" retains the standard version. And this is despite the fact that many styles are availble in the Glyph Box.

Orpheus Glyph.PNG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 09, 2021 0
jane-e LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"the alternative styles/swashes are showing"

Change the type style to Italics and you will be able to use Swashes on Caps and Small Caps. You can look in Type > OpenType to see what is available for any specific typeface and style. If it's grayed out, the designer has not included it.

jane-e_0-1610202650547.png

If there is an alternate glyph then you will see a bar under the letter and can use that instead of the Glyphs panel if it's easier.

Jane

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 09, 2021 0