AMD r7 240 2gb card quit working. Suggestions?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop and AI are both complaining about 'issues' with my (up til now) rock solid r7 240 2GB card. Also, severe lag on screen redraws, zoom, tools, etc. Y'know, the usual problems one encounters when the application you're using needs something more.

SO -- I'm in the market for a newer, supported GPU card but I'm a bit gun-shy -- the last two replacements I've tried these couple of months have caused more problems than they solved. I don't care if it's an AMD or nVidia, I just need something super stable for PS and AI. and won't make my wallet scream too much.

Which ones have ya'll found best to avoid? 

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Performance, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

AMD r7 240 2gb card quit working. Suggestions?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop and AI are both complaining about 'issues' with my (up til now) rock solid r7 240 2GB card. Also, severe lag on screen redraws, zoom, tools, etc. Y'know, the usual problems one encounters when the application you're using needs something more.

SO -- I'm in the market for a newer, supported GPU card but I'm a bit gun-shy -- the last two replacements I've tried these couple of months have caused more problems than they solved. I don't care if it's an AMD or nVidia, I just need something super stable for PS and AI. and won't make my wallet scream too much.

Which ones have ya'll found best to avoid? 

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Performance, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 15, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

How big is your wallet 😉 I have the Nvidia RTX2060 super and it runs on Photoshop without issue, there are a lot of people having issues that you describe with Photoshop version 22.1 on this forum, it's a wee bit buggy at the moment.

Do you have a SSD or a HDD, how much RAM does your system have and what type of CPU, how much free space do you have for the scratch disk and is this on a SSD or a HDD

As for which ones to avoid, anything that's older than four years, best to go for one with at least 4GB of VRam

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 15, 2020 0