May 08, 2021 May 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting this error message and cant open PS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Specs?

Computer OS, HD Space, RAM, video card, Vram, Specific Photoshop version, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I am having this problem. Cannot open PS, but get the "unrecoverable..." notice. I have gone round and round in circles on Adobe website trying to make contact with someone at the Help Centre, but no luck. I'm working on macOS Catalina 10.15.7; 3.5 GHz Quad; Graphics AMD Radeon R9 M290X 2 GB. Photoshop 2021. I have Googled troubleshooting, but found the information too technical to follow.

Everything was working fine until today. I would appreciate any help please. Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue using mac catalina. Adobe told me ps has stability issues with catalina and to upgrade to Big Sur.I did and ps runs fine.Adobe # is 800-833-6687. Works for me all the time..Good lauc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for replying, vinnyjoe. I persevered and finally got through to the Chat line. Someone is working remotely on my computer now. It's taking forever, and he's gone over the same process three times. I'll ask him about Big Sur. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your graphics card is right on the cusp of not meeting minimum standards for the newer Photoshop versions.

Photoshop graphics processor (GPU) card FAQ

PassMark Software - Video Card Benchmarks - GPU Compute Video Cards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Kevin ... Appreciate the info ... I'm not surprised. Keeping both hardware and software compatible and up to date is quite a task. Thanks for the links. Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines