Highlighted

Animated zoom isn't working with the keyboard shortcut in PS 2020.

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to Photoshop 2020 and right away I noticed that my Animated Zoom wasn't working, it was just snapping right to where it should be instead of . This is a problem I've had before so I checked my preferences to ensure that everything was in it's place. It was, so I tried restarting Photoshop several times to no avail. Howver, oddly, the animated zoom still works fine with a mouse click using the Zoom Tool, the problem is only present on the keyboard shortcut. I have Animated Zoom and Use Graphics Processor both turned on and Caps Lock is off. Does anyone know anything I can try? Is this just a problem unique to me that might just end up fixing itself? 

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Animated zoom isn't working with the keyboard shortcut in PS 2020.

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to Photoshop 2020 and right away I noticed that my Animated Zoom wasn't working, it was just snapping right to where it should be instead of . This is a problem I've had before so I checked my preferences to ensure that everything was in it's place. It was, so I tried restarting Photoshop several times to no avail. Howver, oddly, the animated zoom still works fine with a mouse click using the Zoom Tool, the problem is only present on the keyboard shortcut. I have Animated Zoom and Use Graphics Processor both turned on and Caps Lock is off. Does anyone know anything I can try? Is this just a problem unique to me that might just end up fixing itself? 

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 23, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system do you have?

What keyboard shortcut are you using?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 23, 2019 0
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Windows 10 and just the default Ctrl++ keyboard shortcut, standard QWERTY keyboard.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 23, 2019 0
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news about this? Today the new update was released, but situation is the same.

Zoom is fluid when using zoom tool, but Ctrl+Plus, Ctrl+Minus, Ctrl+1 are not animated. Ctrl+0 is animated.

Same behaviour when using commands from View menu.

Windows 10, Photoshop 21.0.2.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 11, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for not getting back to you earlier.

Yes i definitely see what your talking about and experience the same with photoshop 21.0.2 running on windows 10 x64 1909

You can file a bug report over here:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 11, 2019 0
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. I'd very much like this fixed myself. It's surprisingly jaring.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 03, 2020 0
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you toggle the Animated Zoom tool in preferences it will not work. 

I found that if I will click on the Zoom Tool and after that click the button that enables the Animated Zoom, it works. 

Hope it helps.

Screenshot 2020-02-04 at 12.55.04 copy.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 04, 2020 0
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

thanks for the help but the issue isn't tthe zoom tool, but the keyboard shortcut. The zoom animates fine using the tool, but not so with the keyboard.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 04, 2020 0
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't really understand what you mean by "not with the keyboard" 

I use animated zoom by pressing CMD + SPACE and move the mouse in and out. If you are talking about animating with the space bar + CMD for zoom in and space bar + Option for zoom out, it still works but only if you toggle the switch that I was showing in my previuos reply. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 04, 2020 0
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Ctrl+ and Ctrl-  to zoom in and out.

Perhaps its a windows thing also, but I'm not used to zooming in and out like you say.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 04, 2020 0
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I understand, but that is not Animated Zoom. 

I have now tried the way you zoom in Windows and that works for me. 

I can zoom in and out with Ctrl + and  -  in Windows and Mac. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 04, 2020 0
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using photoshop for a long time now, and the ctrl+/- command had the animated zoom feature. It would zoom in the same way clicking with the zoom tool would animate.

This is what currently isn't working.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 04, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is how you solve that problem..

make sure scrubby zoom is checked ..its at the top menu when you select the zoom toolScreenshot_47.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 04, 2020 0