Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animation Hue/saturation not work in cc2020

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2020 Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I don't know when this happened, but on preview versions of Photoshop I was able to animate the hue shift in the time line, now with the cc2020, I can not do it anymore. 

I made a work back in 2018 so I suppose something has changed in the new updates. 

Hope to find an answer here!

Thank you,

here is the picture I've created using the hue shift animation back in 2018
riccardo-massironi-colorshift.gif

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't animate adjustments in Photoshop. I don't think that has ever been possible.

AfterEffects is the right tool for the job here, not Photoshop. Photoshop is mainly for still images (like photos, hence the name), and the few video/animation features it has are very limited.

The closest thing I can think of in Photoshop would be to animate Layer Styles. I guess you could "fake" this by using a color overlay set to Hue blend mode, then animate the color. Would only work nicely if the entire thing was one color though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add a Hue and Sat adjustment layer, or several of them, and animate the opacity of each

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2020 Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks, 
this is one way! 
But I was hoping that was an other way around!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2020 Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pretty sure I did it. Otherwise I don't know how I did that movie.
I will try to find an old version of photoshop and find my old files and see how they are structured.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines