Highlighted

Animation speed of 0.04 unexpectedly faster than 0.05, and both inaccurate on video render

New Here ,
Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having an issue in photoshop where I have an animation of 209 frames, that when set to 0.05 seconds per frame renders a video (mp4) of nearly 14 seconds in total (which should be only approx 11 seconds in total, if you do the math).

When set to 0.04 seconds per frame, renders a video (mp4) of just under 7 seconds in total (should be a total of just over 8 seconds).

0.01 second difference per frame should only have a total difference to the 209-frame video of 2 seconds, and yet I'm getting a 50% increase from 0.04 to 0.05.

I have tried three frame rates: 20, 25, 29.97, and they all have had the exact same output.

Does anyone have any insight into something I could be doing wrong that is making this outcome? Or is it simply a bug that needs to be sorted out by Adobe?

I'm attaching my render settings in case this matters.

Thank you so much!

TOPICS
Import and export, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Animation speed of 0.04 unexpectedly faster than 0.05, and both inaccurate on video render

New Here ,
Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having an issue in photoshop where I have an animation of 209 frames, that when set to 0.05 seconds per frame renders a video (mp4) of nearly 14 seconds in total (which should be only approx 11 seconds in total, if you do the math).

When set to 0.04 seconds per frame, renders a video (mp4) of just under 7 seconds in total (should be a total of just over 8 seconds).

0.01 second difference per frame should only have a total difference to the 209-frame video of 2 seconds, and yet I'm getting a 50% increase from 0.04 to 0.05.

I have tried three frame rates: 20, 25, 29.97, and they all have had the exact same output.

Does anyone have any insight into something I could be doing wrong that is making this outcome? Or is it simply a bug that needs to be sorted out by Adobe?

I'm attaching my render settings in case this matters.

Thank you so much!

TOPICS
Import and export, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 07, 2020 0

Have something to add?