Exit

animation speed

Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello

I made an animation in adobe photoshop

and its length is 20 minute until now and when I converted to animation timeline not video timeline it said I made 500 frames I also tried to change the duration for every frame but nothing change 

For almost all the motion I used the smart object feature to move the objects but it's very slow it frustrates me what can I do to make it faster? please help me

I want to make a great animation

here is  a video link  so you could understand my problem https://1drv.ms/v/s!Aky6UVGkgt2agfkyhgCw1abV1i1t9w?e=FpOe1o 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, photoshop is not the best animation tool for advance work you should go for after effects...regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you 

i may consider another tool

but I'm only fmiliar with photoshop 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You wrote

"I want to make a great animation" Then you want to make a Video for animated gif only supports up to 256 mapped Colors quality is poor..  

Photoshop only has some basic video editing capabilities.  Photoshop support two types of  Animation. You can create frame animation  time line that you usually use to create Animated Gifs for the Web.  Animated Gif encoding is poor so Animated Gif file sizes need to be kept small so the web pages they are use in can display in a timely manner.  Frame  animations are limited toe 500 frame. Aninate Gif file can be encoded to so the animation loop  forever or repeat some many times.

A 20 minute animation would need to be a video file that can be streamed across the web.  Adobe has an application called animate you should look into https://www.adobe.com/products/animate.html 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love this new application 

I'm afraid that i cant use it or animate something 

i only know about photoshop basic animation 

and Thank you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your timeline appears to be showing seconds, but the animation is progressing much more slowly than the time frame shows.  Do you realise that this is not the speed that the encoded video will play at?   Have you rendered the video to see if it plays at the correct speed?

image.png

If that is not your problem and you are concerned at how slowly your video plays in the Timeline, then that is probably to do with your system spec. 

Does any of that make sense and help at all?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Umm

i never thought about it , my system is strong enough i think . 

but i will consider your suggestion

thank you so much 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines