Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Annoying lag when closing files

Explorer ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone!

My Photoshop has suddenly inherited an annoying habit - there seems to be about a 5 second lag when CLOSING my images. I open an image, make a few brush strokes and close it down (even without saving, so it's not the saving process at fault) and the lag occurs. The image itself vanishes from the main window, but I can still see the image thumbnail in the Layers panel during which, Photoshop freezes. I can only resume working in Photoshop once that thumbnail disappears 5 seconds later. I've searched the forums and noticed that various users have had issues with this in the past too. I've tried all their solutions, but still it persists. What I've done:

*Optimised memory settings for Photoshop in preferences

*Tried changing GPU advanced settings within performance preferences

*Tried changing my virtual memory settings (although not sure if I allocated enough once changed)

*Updated my graphics card drivers

*Updated my version of Photoshop to the latest version

*Ensured my scratch disk is on a separate, empty and fast SSD within my pc

*Reset my Photoshop preferences

*Repaired all Microsoft Redistributable files

I'm not sure why this has occurred. It was working fine yesterday and today, it wasn't. I didn't add anything or alter Photoshop (or my pc for that matter) in any way so don't know why I'm being cursed with this. 

Has anyone else had this before and found a solution that I haven't mentioned? This is really putting the brakes on my usually quick workflow.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Explorer , Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

You can try running photoshop without loading any plugins. In my case it was the fontbase plugin which was left after uninstalling the program itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

That was it! I deleted a Fontbase folder from my PS Plugins folder and the problem disappeared. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

our liscensing may be corrupt, reset the OOBE folder #3 in below link

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-app-doesnt-open.html

make sure you quit the cloud

what graphics card? Preferences >> Performance >> uncheck use graphics processor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply! I was so hopeful. But alas, none of those suggestions worked. I have an nVidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti.

I've also noticed that I don't even have to do anything to the image to cause the lag. I can just literally open an image and close it immediately and the lag occurs 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try running photoshop without loading any plugins. In my case it was the fontbase plugin which was left after uninstalling the program itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That was it! I deleted a Fontbase folder from my PS Plugins folder and the problem disappeared. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines