Highlighted

Any News on Photoshop 2021?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there any updates on the situation with the Photoshop 2021 issues? I am running off of Windows 10 Pro, and even unistalled and reinstalled the application, among a few other recommened methods for a fix, and I still get "Could not complete your request because of a program error" when attempting to open a project I was working on before the application update. And then upon attempting to close out of Photoshop, it gives me the same error and I have to Ctrl+Alt+Del to wipe it off with the task bar... Is it still being worked on?

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Download and install, FAQ, Performance, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Any News on Photoshop 2021?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there any updates on the situation with the Photoshop 2021 issues? I am running off of Windows 10 Pro, and even unistalled and reinstalled the application, among a few other recommened methods for a fix, and I still get "Could not complete your request because of a program error" when attempting to open a project I was working on before the application update. And then upon attempting to close out of Photoshop, it gives me the same error and I have to Ctrl+Alt+Del to wipe it off with the task bar... Is it still being worked on?

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Download and install, FAQ, Performance, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 25, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version # of Win10?

Did you restart your computer after upgrading to Photoshop 2021?

Do you have a computer user profile with administrative level permissions?

Can you try booting up in SafeMode?

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 25, 2020 0
Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. Windows 10 Pro build 19041.572

I notice that if I just launch and use Photoshop, everything works fine, until I attempt to Open a file. After that, any attempt to do anything results in the error.

A Forum search for "program Error" shows a lot of posts on this since the update, and I didn't see any with good answers. I just picked this thread at random from among many.

And now Adobe is telling me I need to buy a new video card. Phooey!

[ EDIT ] :

Okay, I did some looking, and see this is a known issue. Evidently, no Beta testers tried to open any files. A workaround (at least for me) is to disable GPU enhancement in the Performance section of the Preferences. Which makes me wonder, if Photoshop can't detect my GPU for things like Path stroke previews, why does the GP cause this ne havok? [grumble].

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 25, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm actually having trouble using Photoshop at all. It won't let me open old projects of course, but it also won't let me start any new ones. This is a real bummer 😧

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 26, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's 1909, I did restart, and the last two didn't work :[ Thanks for trying...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 26, 2020 0
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ShinerMathison said: "Are there any updates on the situation with the Photoshop 2021 issues?"

Here is the Adobe Help page for known issues:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/known-issues.html

~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 26, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: I went to File → Preferences → Performance → and unchecked the Use Graphics Processor box. I am now able to open old projects in Photoshop 2021. Whether or not the tools will give me issues, I don't know yet...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 26, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*Edit, not File.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 26, 2020 0