• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Anyone else struggling with the Wacom Pen turning into the Move tool in Photoshop on a Mac?

Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2019 Jun 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've searched and seen this problem posted several times but it seems to usually be about Windows.  A few Mac users have struggled too but I haven't found any solution.  I'm working along quietly and suddenly my Pen tool on my Wacom Intuos Pro turns into the Move tool and is totally stuck there.  The ONLY way to fix it is to completely shut my entire computer down and then restart and try to work as quickly as possible before it happens again.  I have installed the latest drivers, the latest Photoshop and the latest iOS.  So frustrated right now.....

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try a tool reset:

reset tool.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

What version of Photoshop are you running? And, how do you have the buttons programmed on your Wacom?

Can you show a screen shot of your Wacom preferences? It might help to see if you are clicking on something by accident...

we understand your frustration! Let's see what we can do to get it fixed.

We'll wait to hear back,

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 01, 2019 Jul 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did You look? Do a search to see If anyone else has? Quite easy to do....

https://forums.adobe.com/search.jspa?place=%2Fplaces%2F1413024&sort=updatedDesc&q=Wacom+Pen+%22Move+...

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2020 Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just ran into this issue, the only way to make it go away is to open Activity Monitor (should be in /Applications/Utilities), then select the WacomTouchDriver process, use the search functionality to find it (just search for 'Wacom').. then with it selected click the 'x' button top left, and select 'Force Quit'. It should disappear from the list and then reappear after it is restarted by a background process. The issue should be resolved, at least until it crops up again. If that doesn't work, try force-quitting the other Wacom processes (com.wacom.IOManager, com.wacom.UpdateHelper etc.). 

benwdwd_0-1609013548060.png

benwdwd_1-1609013583855.png

Pretty sure this is a bug with Wacom's driver code. Could be wrong, but it seems to occur after my machine has been in sleep mode. Perhaps a memory management issue in their code. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2023 Jun 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked for me! After so much troubleshooting and investigating, this solution worked for me on my Mac+Photoshop+Wacom Intuos Pro. I had the same issue of having to restart my computer each time the bug "locked" on the move tool. At least now with this solution I can continue my workflow and meet my deadlines. Thank you!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines