• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Anyone else tired of the subscription system?

Explorer ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realised the other day that I have now bought Lightroom and Photoshop three times over with my subscriptions and I am not really getting any benefit out of it. I don't need the patches, in fact, patches have caused more issues than the base product and I don't need new versions. If it wasn't for my lightroom catalogue I would have gone off the subscription months ago. Not that the criminals at Adobe let you do that, despite being on it for any serious time, you have to pay up to the time you first subscribed, I mean, who has a system like that?

Anyway, just feeling ripped off and now caught in a cycle. If someone could recomend a product that could convert my lightroom catalog, I would be grateful. Otherwise just here having a semi-official soap box moment.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Necron007 wrote:

If someone could recomend a product that could convert my lightroom catalog, I would be grateful. Otherwise just here having a semi-official soap box moment.

Hi @Necron007 

You mentioned that you live in another country and and that your friend had to submit a "written letter" to cancel. Adobe does not ask for or require a written letter — you cancel through the Creative Cloud app or by contacting Customer Care.

In some countries you need to use an authorized reseller. I don't know if you do or not. If you live in a country that uses resellers, please check this list and use the filter for your country to see if your friend made the purchase through an authorized reseller.

https://adobedealreg.secure.force.com/PartnerSearch?lang=en

As volunteers, we cannot help with billing or see your account information.

I reviewed your posts and saw that you added a comment to this thread, where three folks had posted in 2018 and all three had previously been solved — one had been using the wrong email and two were told by staff that their accounts had already been cancelled.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/cancel-my-freakin-subscription-i-am-tired/m-p/11903996#M30336...

In answer to your original question, I just did a Google search for [ alternatives to adobe lightroom ] and there seem to be several that are that are listed by multiple sites. This is an Adobe forum, though, and I can't personally vouch for any of them. You might try one concurrently with LR for a while, then make an informed decision. Possibly there are other forums that can give better advice on these alternatives than you will find here on the Adobe forums.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nope. I can see it being an issue for someone who only needs one program, but as someone who works in a variety of creative areas, the subscription model is the only reason I've been able to afford the software I need to do all of them. I use around a dozen of the applications and I benefit a lot from all of the upgrades. I'd never go back to scraping pennies to be able to buy a license for one application (which doesn't include free upgrades).

I haven't looked in a while since I've been subscribed for years at this point. Do they no longer offer the ability to buy a single program?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines