• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Anyone run into issues with money in an image?

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I recently purchased this image from Getty:

https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/photo/unrecognizable-mature-man-holding-us-dollar-bills-royalty-f...

And was amazed to see that Adobe Photoshop didn't want me to use it. Apparently, PS thinks I'm attempting to counterfeit money and wants to stop me. I understand that people may be tempted to do this, but particularly with that image, isn't that a bit of a stretch?

Thanks!

Eric

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eric,

This Help page explains the counterfeit deterrence system. I've included the first paragraph.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/cds.html

"Adobe® Photoshop® software includes a counterfeit deterrence system (CDS) that prevents the use of the product to illegally duplicate banknotes. As implemented, CDS prevents users from opening detailed images of banknotes within Photoshop. The CDS technology was commissioned by the Central Bank Counterfeit Deterrence Group (CBCDG), a consortium of central banks from around the world. Adobe has included CDS in Photoshop at the request of the CBCDG."

There is an email address on that link if you have further currency-related questions.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Jane! Do you know if this communication has been sent around to the stock photography sites? I purchased that image thinking that it wouldn't be a problem. 

Thanks!

Eric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

We don't work for Adobe, so would not know what was shared or not, but the counterfeit deterrence system has been in Photoshop for years, it was being discussed way back around 2004. Looking at the background, it seems Adobe adopted the technology at the request of the banks, so briefing would likely be up to the banks.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Eric,

Dave just said pretty much everything I was about to say. The only thing I'll add is that here is the support page for Getty Images if you want to ask them:

https://www.gettyimages.com/customer-support

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines