Anything except Photoshop prints to my Canon inkjet

Participant ,
Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 2020 & 2021, Catalina 10.15.7, 19,1 iMac, 64GB RAM, Comcast Cable, Canon Print Drivers updated:

I CANNOT PRINT from Photoshop 21.2.4 and Photoshop 22.1.0.  I CAN PRINT from Apple Preview ANYTHING I want to print. I have plenty of RAM. I have started and stopped the iMac and both Photoshops, hovered over the  print icon in Photoshop while holding space bar. NOTHING ADOBE WORKS. I repeat, I can print anything w Apple Preview. Why is Photoshop unable to print anything?

TOPICS
Bug, How to, Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

1 Correct Answer

Participant , Dec 30, 2020
PopeyeDoyle69 Participant , Dec 30, 2020
Apple Preview printing did not need me to go to Print/Print Settings/Color Matching/Canon Color Matching. I had to do that in Photoshop 2021, why I don't know, but PRINTING WORKS NOW in Photoshop 2021.

Translate

Translate
Jump to answer Jump to answer
Participant ,
Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple Preview printing did not need me to go to Print/Print Settings/Color Matching/Canon Color Matching. I had to do that in Photoshop 2021, why I don't know, but PRINTING WORKS NOW in Photoshop 2021.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It prints to my Canon Pixma Pro-100. Make sure Image Garden is open. Then select the printer from the box where it says printer. 

Then click "printer settings" to ensure your Canon printer is properly set up. 

There are two general problems, very unlikely related only to Canon printers: 1) Adjustment layers mess up the program, such that what is seen on the screen is never what is printed. The solution for me is to use Snip & Sketch to copy the image from the screen. Then I save it as a jpeg. Then I upload the jpeg to photoshp. Then I print it from photoshop. 

2) PhotoShop, will not recognize 13 x 19" paper.  The dialog button lets you put in 12 x 18", but then cuts off 1.5" on both sides. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your info.

Sent from John R’s iPad Pro

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mitchell6C1C

2 issues with what you write here, sorry for that: 

The solution for me is to use Snip & Sketch to copy the image from the screen. Then I save it as a jpeg. Then I upload the jpeg to photoshp. Then I print it from photoshop.

2) PhotoShop, will not recognize 13 x 19" paper. The dialog button lets you put in 12 x 18", but then cuts off 1.5" on both sides.

It is not good practice to take a screenshot and print that, proper colour management goes out of the window, and you lose image resolution, please don't advise users to do that. It's only a quick and dirty way to make a preview print. And should not be needed once you have Photoshop working right. 

AFAIK Photoshop is able to "recognise" 13x19 paper, you'd just need to set it up in "manage custom sizes" under "Paper Size" in your print settings.  

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management
[please only use the blue reply button at the top of the page, this maintains the original thread title and chronological order of posts]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines