Highlighted

AppleScript "Export path to illustrator"

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the problem I have. I need to create an apple script to export a file to AI using "export path to illustrator" . 

the error message I got is the following. 

error "Adobe Photoshop 2020 got an error: Parameter error." number -50

This line cannot be executed. 

export current document in file "Macintosh HD:Users:Barbierfabrice:Documents:barbier-ebelmann:fichier client:dossier carte 100 par 100 a traiter:essai.ai" as Illustrator paths export options {path name:"Work Path", target path:all paths}

As Illustrator paths export options {path name:"Work Path", target path:all paths} is not accepted.

Requirements

Illustrator paths export optionsn [inh. export options] : Settings related to exporting Illustrator paths

properties

path name (text) : name of path to export. Only valid if you are exporting a named path

target path (all paths/‌document bounds/‌named path) : which path to export ( default: document bounds )

This is the portion of the code.

tell application "Finder"

activate

open application file "Adobe Photoshop 2020.app" of folder "Adobe Photoshop 2020" of folder "Applications" of startup disk

tell application "Adobe Photoshop 2020"

open file "Macintosh HD:Users:Barbierfabrice:Documents:barbier-ebelmann:fichier client:dossier carte 100 par 100 a traiter:essai.svg"

do action "selection draft  petit rectangle" from "vectorisation.atn"

save current document in file "Macintosh HD:Users:Barbierfabrice:Documents:barbier-ebelmann:fichier client:dossier carte 100 par 100 a traiter:essai.pst" as Photoshop format

export current document in file "Macintosh HD:Users:Barbierfabrice:Documents:barbier-ebelmann:fichier client:dossier carte 100 par 100 a traiter:essai.ai" as Illustrator paths export options {path name:"Work Path", target path:all paths}

end tell

end tell

[ title changed by moderator ]

Topics

Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

AppleScript "Export path to illustrator"

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the problem I have. I need to create an apple script to export a file to AI using "export path to illustrator" . 

the error message I got is the following. 

error "Adobe Photoshop 2020 got an error: Parameter error." number -50

This line cannot be executed. 

As Illustrator paths export options {path name:"Work Path", target path:all paths} is not accepted.

Requirements

Illustrator paths export optionsn [inh. export options] : Settings related to exporting Illustrator paths

properties

path name (text) : name of path to export. Only valid if you are exporting a named path

target path (all paths/‌document bounds/‌named path) : which path to export ( default: document bounds )

This is the portion of the code.

tell application "Finder"

activate

open application file "Adobe Photoshop 2020.app" of folder "Adobe Photoshop 2020" of folder "Applications" of startup disk

tell application "Adobe Photoshop 2020"

open file "Macintosh HD:Users:Barbierfabrice:Documents:barbier-ebelmann:fichier client:dossier carte 100 par 100 a traiter:essai.svg"

do action "selection draft  petit rectangle" from "vectorisation.atn"

save current document in file "Macintosh HD:Users:Barbierfabrice:Documents:barbier-ebelmann:fichier client:dossier carte 100 par 100 a traiter:essai.pst" as Photoshop format

end tell

end tell

[ title changed by moderator ]

Topics

Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[ moved to Photoshop forum ]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First off: AppleScript is not the preferred choice for Photoshop automisation. (edited)

Secondly: As svg is a vector format I wonder if you would not be better off converting »essai.svg« with Illustrator right away? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines