• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Arabic Script

Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work for a church and we have a new Arabic community. We're trying to develop media for them, and Arabic script doesn't connect and transform properly across any Adobe product, espeically Photoshop.

All fonts work properly in Microsoft products. I've been doing the type in PowerPoint and exporting an image to edit. That's a pain for futeure edits, and doesn't work at all for titles in Premiere.

The language settings have been changed to 'South Asian and Middle Eastern' and I've restarted with no change. My last project was in Premiere V 14.5 running on OSX 10.14.6Screen Shot 2020-10-29 at 10.42.12 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great. I'll have to try and reinstall everything then. That's the only part that wasn't listed in the other articles and forum posts I've found.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To follow up the poster in the linked thread confirmed this works for PC but not confirmed for Mac.
I'm on a Mac and as of Oct. 2020 and for OS X 10.14 and 10.15 this doesn't work. There's no language menu on install. Changing all other language menus and updating the preferences doesn't solve joioning/ligatures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign support Arabic, Farsi, Urdu, and Kurdish languages as all these uses Arabic alphabets. So whether you're on a Mac or Windows, above mentioned Adobe applications will serve the purpose.

Since you will not be using Arabic all the time, you have two options:

• Uninstall existing Photoshop that doesn't support Arabic, they reinstall another version that does.
  • Install a little older version of Photoshop that supports Arabic alongside existing copy of Photoshop, so you end up with two Photoshop versions on your machine, one for general English, and one for Arabic specifically.

Let me know which option you prefer so I can guide you through. For me, I would suggest the second option for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines