• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

archristy

Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm missing my font archristy on ps cc.  I am on a new computer, but not sure if that has anything to do with it

thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

That font is indeed an Adobe font that I'd have thought would be there. You can download it here:

https://www.fontzone.net/font-details/ar-christy 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to install the fonts you need. There are hundred of thousands or millions of fonts to choose from, so you can’t expect to find all the ones you want already there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you.  someone posted a link and i got it back

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That font is indeed an Adobe font that I'd have thought would be there. You can download it here:

https://www.fontzone.net/font-details/ar-christy 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm curious why you say it's an Adobe font. I don't see it in any of their lists... and if it were an Adobe font it wouldn't be a free download...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is an Adobe font, and it is free.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 07, 2020 Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. I'm glad you found the font. If you have time, I'm still curious as to why you say it's an Adobe font? It really doesn't seem to be. I've downloaded that font and it is copyright to Arphic, a font company based in Taiwan. I can't find it for sale in the west, but their other fonts are around $500 a pop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 07, 2020 Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All I know is that the way I got it was in an Adobe font group download. I don't really understand all the ins and outs of tis stuff, but maybe that foundry had an agreement with Adobe. The file names of every font in that download started with AR. If you say it's the IP of one particular copyright holder, then it might mean my calling it an "Adobe font" was a misnomer, not sure. It was, however, included in the download of .abr files from Adobe, and since they all started with "AR" and were in the group, it looked to me like Adobe IP. Here are the fonts that were included  (the ones whose names begin with AR):

FONTS.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I also got the Ar Christy from the Adobe font group that starts with AR. 

I have the Individual Creative Cloud All Apps plan. I'm wondering if I can use Ar Christy commercially for my clients cause it's not in the Adobe fonts on the Adobe website? There is a website named iFontCloud 

https://www.ifontcloud.com.tw/index/font_intro.jsp?family_font_id=1554975154187

that is selling the font. Since I have the Adobe subscription, I'm wondering if I need to buy that from them for commercial use? I'd really appreciate your help.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It use to be there, but someone posted a download for me.  I don't recall ever downloaded it before

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect, Thank you!!!  It's my favorite!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I also got the Ar Christy from the Adobe font group that starts with AR. 

I have the Individual Creative Cloud All Apps plan. I'm wondering if I can use Ar Christy commercially for my clients cause it's not in the Adobe fonts on the Adobe website? There is a website named iFontCloud 

https://www.ifontcloud.com.tw/index/font_intro.jsp?family_font_id=1554975154187

that is selling the font. Since I have the Adobe subscription, I'm wondering if I need to buy that from them for commercial use? I'd really appreciate your help.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines