• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Are Photoshop Droplets on Mac properly signed?

Advocate ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a droplet using Photoshop 2020 on macOS 10.13.6. 

On my machine, the droplet works properly. 

When I handed it over to my business partner, he got the message

"File is damaged and should be dumped".

This message is misleading, as we all know. It actually means that the application is not codesigned at all, or the signing certificates are not valid. An old workaround is to allow applications from any developer. This feature has disappeared somewhere around macOS 10.12 or so. It is possible to deactivate the Gatekeeper, and then it is possible to let the droplet run. However, deactivating the Gatekeeper is not really a good idea.

Using System Profiler, i found out that the Droplet is supposed to be properly signed, using the Developer Application certificate, and the Creator is listed as an identified developer (which means that the message mentioned above would not appear).

This lets me confused. What's up, are the certificates outdated?

As stated, there is a workaround, but for further going distribution, deactivating Gatekeeper is not feasible.

Any hint and workaround is highly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's really strange that this issue occurred. Try to keep the work in different formats. 

I think that the problem is easier that you think. 

I hope that it will help to resolve it.

I am blog editor here https://essaypro.com/write-my-essay.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your partner creates a droplet, does it work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the answer.

Yes, he can make the droplet from the according action.

However, this approach (create the droplet on the user's machine) does not work.

Additional question (also to Adobe): Would it be possible for me to sign the droplet with my credentials?

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wait so does it work or not?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The droplet I created, which works on my machine does NOT work on my business partner's machine, and displays the mentioned error.

The droplet he creates, using the script and action I provided, does work on my business partner's machine.

In other words, the droplet works on the machine it has been created, but not on other ones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines