Highlighted

Are the colors in Photoshop and Illustrator same or different?

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to know is the color settings same in Photoshop and Illustrator

Spam link removed by Moderator

Topics

How to, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Are the colors in Photoshop and Illustrator same or different?

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to know is the color settings same in Photoshop and Illustrator

Spam link removed by Moderator

Topics

How to, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the wrong question.

The right questions are: One, is there an embedded color profile in the document? And two, do you have a properly calibrated and profiled monitor? If you can answer yes to both questions, then both Photoshop and Illustrator will display correctly.

The numbers might not be the same if the color profiles are different. Numbers are specific to color space. But with the same color profiles, the numbers will be the same. And as long as there is a profile at all, Photoshop and Illustrator will always display/print identically.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, If you want to know that Photsohop and Illustrator are using matching color settings, you could syncronise, but I prefer to simply open both color settings dialog boxes and match the settings across the two.

I hope this helps

if so, please "like" my reply and if you're OK now, please mark it as "correct", so that others who have similar issues can see the solution

thanks

neil barstow, colourmanagement.net :: adobe forum volunteer

[please do not use the reply button on a message within the thread, only use the blue reply button at the top of the page, this maintains the original thread title and chronological order of posts]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
D_Fosse LATEST
Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no need to synchronize color settings. Mine are deliberately unsynchronized.

The important thing is to have policies set to "preserve embedded profiles". That's the default, don't change it. With that setting, the document profile will always override the working space whatever it is, and the file always be correctly treated. Just make sure there actually is an embedded profile.

(The only exception is for CMYK documents in InDesign/Illustrator. Here you want the Preserve Numbers option, not Preserve Embedded, to avoid K-only black turning into 4-color black. The downside is that you will get color changes, but that's a smaller problem than rebuilding the whole file).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines