• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Are there two verisons of Photoshop Installed on my PC ?

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DD5EC0_0-1622992344879.png

I got a lot of notifications while I opened the Photoshop. I opened the creative cloud and found there updates for two versions of Photoshop, I don't know what is happening.
Please tell me any suggestions what is should I do ? ?
I really don't have any idea ! !

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It used to be updating from one major version to another removed the previous version. 2021 would remove 2020. This would be a problem if you wanted to keep your older version, so Adobe now keeps it by default and now asks if you want to remove it.

I think that's a good thing. If something  doesn't work as planned, and you have work that must be completed, having an older version can be a lifesaver, and it is getting updates.

If you don't have the space or don't want it, you can uninstall it. Click the three dot menu, choose uninstall and it's gone.

Screen Shot 2021-06-06 at 8.49.15 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the Creative Cloud application to uninstall the older version unless you really think you need both (and you can always revert to older versions clicking on the three dots ... (other versions). 

Little reason to have both installed. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I keep old versions until I'm certain the latest one works right and doesn't interfere with my workflow.   I also keep old versions to support discontinued features or 3rd party add-ons. Adobe only offers 2 latest versions in CC desktop app.  So finding older versions can be a challenge.  

I have 5 versions of Photoshop installed.  With ample HD space, it's not a problem.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines