Highlighted

Are you ever going to deliver a version of 2020 PhotoShop that doesn't lock up?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just installed the laterst PS 21.2.1 in the vain hope of some improvement. When ever I select an area of an image with the Marquee tool and perform another action e.g. crop or copy my Photoshop locks up

Every single version of 2020 Photoshop has had this problem for me both on Mac and Windows. I have given up using PS 2020

Topics

Crash or freeze, Mac, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Are you ever going to deliver a version of 2020 PhotoShop that doesn't lock up?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just installed the laterst PS 21.2.1 in the vain hope of some improvement. When ever I select an area of an image with the Marquee tool and perform another action e.g. crop or copy my Photoshop locks up

Every single version of 2020 Photoshop has had this problem for me both on Mac and Windows. I have given up using PS 2020

Topics

Crash or freeze, Mac, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which OS version?

Have you tried resetting the Photoshop preferences?

How much RAM and spare disk capacity do you have?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Derek,

Isn't it odd that 2019 PS is working perfectly and that I have the same problem on Mac and Windows. As I'm sittng at my work PC at the moment I can give you the information you ask for:

Windows version 10.0.18363

32.0 GB RAM currently with 18.2 available

475GB disk currently with 41.6GB free space

I will try resetting the PS preference

Thanks

John

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John we here are user like you we do not work for adobe.  Adobe's Application development and support is not the best.  It would be very odd if any version of Photoshop ran perfectly all version of Photoshop have bugs. Photoshop is huge with many features it will never be bug free,  Adobe will fix major issues some bugs they seem not to care about so you need to work around them. I find having several version of Photoshop installed helps.

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do appreciate the trials and the process of Software development as that is my own line of work. My frustration with this is it is a regression in basic behaviour between 2019  and 2020 PS and the problem has now existed for multiple versions of 2020. This would not be tolerated in my own organization

But I do take your point that it is always wise to keep the previous version(s) around in case of issues

John

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
davescm LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't replicate your issue here ( using v21.2.1, Windows 10 v1909 and NVidia RTX 2080ti driver 451.48)

If you can replicate and describe the steps, along with your system info, then you can raise the issue at the link below here it will be seen by Adobe staff.
https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines