• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Arrange image tiles in order

Contributor ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to compare a timed sequence of images (from different sources) in order, Tilled Vertically. I Open these, and they are placed in random order in the Photoshop window.

How can I rearrange them into a different order? 

I have tried holding down a tab with the mouse button (with or without Shift or Cntrl), but it tends to expand the clicked tab and remove another from view, seemingly at random.

It must be simple, but I cannot find a solution in the help files.

Win10 PS 22.3.0

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post screenshots to illustrate the issue? 

What exactly is the task here? 

Might it be easier to actually load the images into one master file (as linked Smart Objects for example) instead of wrangling multiple windows? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. You are right, wrangling windows seems a bad idea. But wrangling tiles should be a doddle.

My project involves taking images of prints, comparing, specifying the differences then proposing a date order.

So I need to shuffle the available images to check on the similarities and differences.

I do not know what the final order is likely to be until I have shuffled them.

In this screen shot, I want to place the _ept_ image against each of the other images in turn.  But I cannot move it from one position to another. And similarly for the other two images.  In the general case, there can be up to 8 images to compare (I have 2 screens).

CVHManchester_0-1615980619364.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same issue in Excel when I tile 4-5 files. This is an OS issue and not a Photoshop issue. I have learned over time that the selected file goes on the left, so if that one is wrong, then I select it and tile again. For the others, I just drag and drop to reorder them.

You might ask on the Microsoft forums to see if anyone can shed light on this quirky and annoying behavior.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines