• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Arrow Key Nudging direction based on rotated screen view instead of document orientation?

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey folks.  I have a question that Google hasn't been able to answer for me.  In a normal document, when you click an object/layer, you can use the arrow keys to nudge it in the direction of the arrow keys.  Now, when I use the rotate view tool to turn by 90 degrees, the arrow keys continue to nudge in the direction of the document.  Is there any way for the arrow keys to be aware of the angle of my viewport and move objects up/down/left/right based on the direction of the viewport/screen instead of being based on the orientation of the document? 

I feel stupid not knowing how to do this, but am equally afraid that there is no solution to this.  I talked to a friend of mine who uses photoshop and he says he just rotates the entire image and rotates it back.  So I'm at a loss.  Any help would be greatly appreciated as this really slows down my workflow.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for asking this question! I have this issue as well.
I finally need this stupid tool and the arrow key issue is making this tool completely useless. 
I'm going to look more into this and hopefully find a solution. I'll be back if I find one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also have this issue. Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines