Highlighted

Art History Brush

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have been using the art history brush no problem with CS6, having been given step by step instructions what to do by a Cuban photographer.  But now I'm using CC, the steps I used to take don't work.  This is what I used to do:  1. Make a new layer.  2.  Click on history in the layers panel, creating a duplicate layer, and then click in the box in the duplicate layer and the history brush symbol appeared there.  3.  Select art history brush in the tools.  This is as far as I can get now, because what I used to do then was 4.  go to brush presets in the layer panel, choose a brush, then go to the art history brush symbol top left.  Click on the down arrow and highlight the chosen brush, which had appeared there, and then start to cover the image with brush strokes.  Then 5.  go to Brush in the layers panel and select brush tip shape.  Squash the circle to make it thinner and change the angle as necessary, and go over the image, restoring the shapes etc etc.  But now, there is no Brush Presets in the layer panel, and I have searched in vain how to choose the brush and get it working in Brushes and in Brush Settings in Window. 

Can anyone give me a step by step guide like I had before, explaining how to do this in CC, please?

Hilary

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Art History Brush

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have been using the art history brush no problem with CS6, having been given step by step instructions what to do by a Cuban photographer.  But now I'm using CC, the steps I used to take don't work.  This is what I used to do:  1. Make a new layer.  2.  Click on history in the layers panel, creating a duplicate layer, and then click in the box in the duplicate layer and the history brush symbol appeared there.  3.  Select art history brush in the tools.  This is as far as I can get now, because what I used to do then was 4.  go to brush presets in the layer panel, choose a brush, then go to the art history brush symbol top left.  Click on the down arrow and highlight the chosen brush, which had appeared there, and then start to cover the image with brush strokes.  Then 5.  go to Brush in the layers panel and select brush tip shape.  Squash the circle to make it thinner and change the angle as necessary, and go over the image, restoring the shapes etc etc.  But now, there is no Brush Presets in the layer panel, and I have searched in vain how to choose the brush and get it working in Brushes and in Brush Settings in Window. 

Can anyone give me a step by step guide like I had before, explaining how to do this in CC, please?

Hilary

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 15, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were you using the Art History Brush or the History Brush in CS6? It sounds like you might want to be using the History Brush.

~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 17, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jane

No, the art history brush. I have made some progress with this since my post, but for some reason I don’t understand I am only able to select the first four or so brushes

Hilary

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 17, 2020 0