• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Artboard as Live Smart Object

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm fairly certain this is not a current feature of photoshop but please correct my if i'm wrong.

I want to be able to have an Artboard correspond to a smart object within the same file, essentially so you can live edit your smart objects without having to switch to a different tab or window.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

You are correct, that is not a current feature. Artboards mimic the behavior of individual files but the reality is that the file containing the Artboards is the "real" Photoshop file.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are correct, that is not a current feature. Artboards mimic the behavior of individual files but the reality is that the file containing the Artboards is the "real" Photoshop file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2017 Jun 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would love this feature, it would be great for UX work allowing me to mockup a light box in a new artboard while grabbing the background page from an exiting artboard in the same document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would also love this feature for the UI mockups we make on our game titles. +1 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'd check into XD, the application dedicated to user interface mockups, or submit a feature request on the https://feedback.photoshop.com site, watched by Adobe staff. Make sure to provide as many relevant details as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2017 Dec 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would love to see this feature.  Would improve mockup editing allot so you dont have to switch between windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2018 May 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll join in, would LOVE to see this. I can think of 1000 ways to utilize this. What a feature to have, would be a real game changer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 08, 2018 Jun 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same. To remain nice quality I work with mockup files that have 2 levels of smart objects in it. Real pain to work on 20 files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your question is "how to create an instance of an Artboard"?

If so I also have that question because I would like to have a secondary artboard reflecting in real-time what the main Artboard looks like with the only difference is that the secondary artboard would be smaller.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines