• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Artboard backround bug?

Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I just wanted to point out that there seems to be a bug in the new Photoshop version 2021 regarding the display of artboards. Until now, when using the "Transparent" setting, the artboard background was displayed as a checkerboard. Now the background gets the color of the canvas when you choose the "Transparent" setting. It would be nice if this bug could be fixed.

MartinV_0-1617009337096.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user Forum, so you are not really addressing Adobe here, even though some Adobe employees thankfully have been dropping by.

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Options Bar, …) visible? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply! Sorry, I keep forgetting that this is not the forum maintained by Adobe itself ;), but that is not to say that this user forum is not really helpful. However, I have now posted the problem again in the Adobe Feedback forum. Here is another screenshot for the sake of completeness: artboard-problem-01.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot reproduce this exactly … (22.3.0 on MacOS 10.15.7)

Screenshot 2021-03-29 at 12.21.37.png

What have you done for all-purpose trouble-shooting so far?
Restoring Preferences after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved might be a good starting point:
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking at your screenshot, it looks like this problem exists for you as well. Your layer is shown as transparent in the Layers panel, but has no checkerboard background on the canvas. By the way, I have also tested it in Photoshop 2020 and there the problem does not exist. My Version: Adobe Photoshop Version: 22.3.0 20210302.r.49 660cd2e x64 (Windows 10 64 Bit)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But the artboard is white, so not exactly what you are seeing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought you had changed the background color of the artboard to "Transparent" as well. If you had set "White" your display is correct in this case. To check if you have the same problem, simply select the artboard in the Layers panel and set the color to "Transparent" in the Options bar. If the usual checkerboard background appears in the background of the artboard, then everything is normal. In my Photoshop version, as shown, this is not the case.

MartinV_0-1617028685817.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do apologize, my mistake. 

The transparency grid appears here. 

Screenshot 2021-03-29 at 17.09.00.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay, thanks! So at least it's clear that it's not a problem that occurs with every version, because with your version everything is displayed correctly. For me, or rather my version, this is of course bad news, because if I'm unlucky, the problem will only occur with my specific computer-operating system-version constellation, and then the problem will end up relatively far down the developers' to-do list. But well, sometimes problems disappear by an update then again miraculously just as they appeared. For now, I have no choice but to accept the new situation. Fortunately, it's not a problem that makes working impossible now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@MartinV wrote:

I have now posted the problem again in the Adobe Feedback forum.

Can you post the link here?

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines