• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Artistic filters are greyed out in CC19?

Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm on photoshop CC19. I've noticed that the 'artistic' filters are greyed out when ever I want to apply an artistic filter to an image. I used to like and use the grain filter which I think was listed in the artistic filter gallery, but that no longer is available. Has adobe discontinued artistic filters and the grain filter in particular? It didn't matter whether the layer I tried to apply it to was a smart object or not, both times artistic filters were unavailable. Does anyone know anything about what happened to the grain filter in CC19 and if it is possible to get it back? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What mode is your image. Those filters work with RGB 8 bits/channel images

dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Dave, Yeah, I just discovered that on my own after I posted. Image was 16 bits and when I changed it to 8 bits the artistic filters were available. I got very fond of the grain filter and like it better than noise. Can you think of any work-arounds that would let me use the grain filter without permanently converting the file to 8 bits, perhaps through the history brush or smart objects or something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines