• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ARW file will not open with latest camera raw 11.0.0.61 and Photoshop CC 20.0.1

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded a new version of Photoshop after the black Friday sale, and tried to open some .ARW files from my Sony a6300.

Unfortunately the app is giving me the "unable to open, this is the wrong type of file"

Now I can download the DNG: Adobe Digital Negative Converter but i'll be working with Alpha Raw a lot.

As you can see I have the latest camera raw update, why can't I open ARW??? AHhhhh. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which camera model are the files from?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you been able to open files from this particular A6300 in a previous version of Camera Raw/Photoshop?

You could try resetting Camera Raw‘s preferences:

One other thought.... Do you already have Photoshop open when attempting to open the raw files? Perhaps the files are trying to open in an old version of Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Damn, Benjamin, I missed the OP mentioning the A6300.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Details are always easy to miss! Especially when it’s late as it is!...or is it early? Lol.. 1:28 AM here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was only 10 here, but after a beer...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2018 Nov 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not, actually i downloaded the new version because the old version I had did not work.

I did wipe the entire computer and reinstall though, so its definitely not seeing a second version.

I tried resetting camera Raws preferences but no luck 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2018 Nov 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is something wrong here. There is no reason on earth ACR 11 shouldn't open a6300 files.

Somehow this must be a corrupt install, the ACR plugin isn't in the right place, something like that.

You say you "downloaded a new version of Photoshop after the black Friday sale". Could you please explain what exactly you downloaded and from where?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2018 Dec 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree theres something strange, but obviously I didn't download some janky version??? This is directly from CC as part of an all apps package.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, sorry, just had to ask.

A corrupt install is still the only explanation I can think of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I understand, I guess i'm just confused since I did the re-install to fix this issue. Thank you for your effort! Grateful for the input!

At this point it looks like I have to use the DNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just for kicks and giggles, you might try installing Photoshop 19 to see if you have the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, did you try other .ARWs, or just a single one? The file might be corrupted ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And does the DNG converter work on these files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines