Highlighted

As is the "new normal," the new release of Photoshop is complete trash

Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I now have to keep all 3 versions of Photoshop installed on my mac (the latest builds from 2019, 2020, and now 2021) in order to use this horrible app.

I am old. I've been using Photoshop since the FIRST version back in 1987 / 88.

A long time ago when Adobe had competition and cared about users, releases were fairly solid. Now they completely break my workflow EVERY TIME.

I will start with the fact that the LASSO TOOL in Photoshop 2021 has so much "brush lag" that you cannot use the tool. The lasso lags up to 2 seconds behind the cursor.

I've adjusted all of the graphics settings people suggest and it doesn't work. I am not going to create a laundry list of the other issues but your software is just utter trash and you've finally given me enough incentive to start really digging into other applications for my editing workflow when I have been a Photoshop fan my whole career.

I had to give up on 2021 and go back to 2020 for my general workflow (except for when I need to run 2019 because of a broken feature in 2020).

It's utterly RIDICULOUS to have to keep 3 concurrent versions of your application installed because NONE of them work properly. I need to maintain at least 2 Adobe Subscriptions for my personal business and day job and have been the decision-maker for hundreds of thousands of dollars in Adobe's revenue if I count the number of Photoshop and other licenses I've had to buy for companies.

All you stupid new-age hipsters who turned "MVP" into "Minimum Viable Product" when it used to stand for "Most Valuable Player" are the reason why people are going to ditch your sorry platform when better options rise up now that you've created the demand for it in the marketplace.

TOPICS
Bug, Crash or freeze, Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

As is the "new normal," the new release of Photoshop is complete trash

Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I now have to keep all 3 versions of Photoshop installed on my mac (the latest builds from 2019, 2020, and now 2021) in order to use this horrible app.

I am old. I've been using Photoshop since the FIRST version back in 1987 / 88.

A long time ago when Adobe had competition and cared about users, releases were fairly solid. Now they completely break my workflow EVERY TIME.

I will start with the fact that the LASSO TOOL in Photoshop 2021 has so much "brush lag" that you cannot use the tool. The lasso lags up to 2 seconds behind the cursor.

I've adjusted all of the graphics settings people suggest and it doesn't work. I am not going to create a laundry list of the other issues but your software is just utter trash and you've finally given me enough incentive to start really digging into other applications for my editing workflow when I have been a Photoshop fan my whole career.

I had to give up on 2021 and go back to 2020 for my general workflow (except for when I need to run 2019 because of a broken feature in 2020).

It's utterly RIDICULOUS to have to keep 3 concurrent versions of your application installed because NONE of them work properly. I need to maintain at least 2 Adobe Subscriptions for my personal business and day job and have been the decision-maker for hundreds of thousands of dollars in Adobe's revenue if I count the number of Photoshop and other licenses I've had to buy for companies.

All you stupid new-age hipsters who turned "MVP" into "Minimum Viable Product" when it used to stand for "Most Valuable Player" are the reason why people are going to ditch your sorry platform when better options rise up now that you've created the demand for it in the marketplace.

TOPICS
Bug, Crash or freeze, Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 30, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think CS3 was good out Adibe's Doors and CS6 was the buggiest version ever released Adobe fit CS6 quite well.  Its now my main fallback.  Windows seems better these daye for PS then Mac and PS was created on Mac. Old PS versions Run on Windows 10.  

image.png

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had pretty good luck with major updates up until 2019 when they completely changed the transform tools. It broke my workflow until I figured out how to revert back to the old style, which at first they forced you to do in an external hand-coded preferences file vs an option in the interface.

It still doesn't work as well as it used to especially when I am doing complex distortions to fix the perspective on city skylines etc.

Each subsequent version since has been a huge breaker for me in terms of workflow, forcing me to retreat to the previous version for several months until they work out the major bugs. Even after those bugs are worked out I find so many broken things that I would spend an hour a day complaining to them about it.

It's the general direction all software is going these days. Release a buggy piece of trash as fast as you can. Cram as many new features into it as possible and then only spend time refining and fixing the issues that get screamed about the loudest.

There's no incentive at these software sweatshops for developers to care about the quality of their work most of the time. In fact, when people DO pay attention to quality and try to do things methodically and well thought out vs fast and sloppy — they are chastised our outright fired over it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2020 0