• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AS PER ADOBE: PHOTOSHOP IS INCOMPATIBLE W/ MBP 2016 (AMD Radeon Pro 5500M)

Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of late, my fans have been blowing the front door down when I make simple brush strokes in Photoshop. A problem I have never experienced in the over 20 years I've been designing.

This problem has been getting worse over the last few months and has rendered my productivity to near nothing. Within the last few days, I've been on the phone with Adobe and they have confirmed that the AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8GB Graphics Card is INCOMPATIBLE with the Photoshop and other Adobe software. 

I know that these two companies (Apple and Adobe) have been at odds ends over ownership for years and it looks like they've taken their squabble right into the lap of the user. We are being charged a yearly software subscription and the company is failing to code their software so it is compatible with the manufacturer's hardware. Vice versa, the hardware manufacturer is choosing to install hardware that is incompatible with industry standard software knowing all to well that we rely on this software to work. 

One of these two juggernauts needs to fold and befriend the artists again because as they profess to be supporters for the creative they are stifling our creativity and taking a big dump on an opportunity I've been fighting to gain my entire life. 

Adobe... Apple... This isn't about you. It's about us. The creative who is trying to bring something positive or enlightening into the world. You are making hand over fist on your hardware and software so please give back to those of who want nothing more than to create and realize you have made enough money and will make more once you truly start serving us and not yourselves.

Sincerely,

An Artist Who just Wants to Create and Not Deal with this Trivial Crap!!!

YOU'RE BETTER THAN THIS!!!!

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Guide ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the fan level is getting worse, that means something is changing in your machine. Fans are there to reduce the heat in the Macbook. It's possible that the fans efficiency/effectiveness is getting worse due to accumulated dust in the machine. Have Apple look at it.  There are other possible issues including poor heat sink compound between the cpu and the heat sink.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. The machine isn't hot when the fan starts blowing.

2. It is activated within a few brush strokes in PSD.

3. It is the only program it happens in.

4. I spoke with ADOBE and they stated it was an incompatibility issue with the new GPU.

5. The machine is 2 months old and works in a controlled environment so no dust.

IT'S APPLE AND ADOBE PRODUCTS AT CONFLICT. AS PER ADOBE!!!

The fixes:

1. Use a windows machine because as per adobe they do not have it in their sights to update the software to be compatible with the AMD Radeon 5500M.

2. Use TuboBoost Switcher to shut off the Turbo Boost which is the culprit in kicking in the fans at low temperatures and minimal processing stress.

With all due respect, I know how the fans work and how to go through troubleshooting as I've been working on these machines since I was 10 (32 years ago) and have been designing in them for almost 20 years. No more techsplaining please!! Lol!!

The above are the two resolutions that exist until these companies step out of their political issues and start working again. When Apple was running the NVidia cards we NEVER had issues and these intel chips are pure heat factories. This conflict is as much political as it is technical if not more. These companies used to work really well together and now nothing but conflicts as their motives have turned towards profits and not benefiting the artist/user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, from your OP, it was hard to tell whether you needed techsplaining or not 🙂 Perhaps you just needed to rant...

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll give you a tip. Assume techsplaining will get you as far as mansplaining does with a woman. It doesn't work. 

What's needed is Adobe and Apple to start playing nicely with each other again so these issues don't come up. I've switched to working in Photoshop on my PC and am in a world of peace. I am absolutely beside myself wit how these two companies have chosen to conduct business and leave the artist hanging. We pay absurd amounts of money for the hardware and software. Don't pirate the software. Yet, they punish us by not having the hardware and software compatible for creative use. 

My MBP is a very expensive word processor that has no design capabilities because it doesn't play nicely with Adobe Software. Which company is going to steup up first and resolve this issue so we, the artist, can get back to work again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had an old MacBook Pro and eventually, it became incompatible with Adobe products and Skype and Microsoft products and pretty much everything.  It sucked.  Luckily I have two PCs created by Wacom (Cintiq Companion 2 and MobileStudio Pro 1).  Both work perfectly.  And I think the Cintiq Companion 2 is also from around 2016 or so.  But it has a pretty nice processor in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I share your frustration! I was just about to purchase a spec'd out 2020 MacBook Pro 16 inch and by chance I've learned that Adobe software is in compatible with new Macbooks! I've used Apple and Adobe products together for years this is insane! I can't believe adobe hasn't publicly addressed this. Why is this forum only getting any attention from users? Adobe 👏 you 👏 need 👏 to 👏 respond 👏 to 👏 this. Blame Apple, that is fine. But don't remain silent and allow people to continue purchasing Apple computers when this forum is stuffed full of posts confirming that none of your software is compatible. This is unbelievable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your OP title says "MBP 2016 and in a post you say:

"5. The machine is 2 months old and works in a controlled environment so no dust."

Where did you find a 2 month old 2016 machine?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wanted to give your issues a try on my 6 month old 2019 16" MBP I9 8 core, 16GB, AMD 5500M 4GB machine.

I had PS v 21.2.0 and LrC v9.3 both running along with Chrome. I opened several images from LrC into PS, brushed, filtered, cropped, etc. continuously for over 40 minutes. My fan never came on and the case of the MBP was barely over room temperature.

I'm happy you are able to work fine on your PC. That is my machine of choice for desktop work and the MBP is my travel machine. If I was having your issues, my MBP would go straight back to Apple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines