• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Assign specific brush presets to layers

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I have an illustration related request im not sure there's a solution to - For an extensive illustration project I'm working on sep layers need to be consistently using just one brush setting each,  is there any way (extension or script maybe?) to have a specific brush activated when i select a layer. Currently I'm just labeling each layer with the brush name / size and trying to be consistent manually. The only other option I can think of currently is setting up an actions that A: does initial doc setup and layer naming and B: selects layer and brush settings, and maybe using that in button mode. But thats a little clunky for me, curious if anyone has any other insights ideas or tips.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Browse forum for notifiers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there!  

This might be a bit of a hack solution but worked for me when I couldn't figure out another way - I just set up the brushes I wanted to use and renamed them as new brushes (in a "My Own Brushes" category).  Then they can always be at the top, if that helps.  You can always give them a "that project name".

When I had another large project to do, of a different scope, I actually created a New Workspace which helped me organize to get a lot of work done, as well, but brushes were not the only issue on that one.

Good luck on the project!

PS 2021 v 22.0, 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines