• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto Align Layers creating alignment issue

Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am shooting 3 mutiple exposures of the same fixed image. The 3 images have been taken on a Canon 5D Mk IV on a tripod with a remote shutter release at the same wide aperture with the same fast exposure. There is no reason for the frames to be misaligned.

I want to blend those layers, and want to ensure the 3 frames (3 layers) are all aligned. On the layers when I zoom in all 3 appear aligned. Yet when I appy >Auto-Align Layers>Auto there shows some pixels misaligned left and top.

Am I doing something wrong, and how can I be 100% certain layers are competely aligned?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens that auto align offsets by a couple of pixels. I just nudge with the arrow keys (at 100%!) and make no more of it. Just make it a habit to check before committing.

IME the final result is always spot on, it's just maybe that little two or three pixel offset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But in this instance, Auto-Align is creating misalignment when there isn't any. Why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying it introduces actual geometrical distortion in one frame? Not just a general offset of a couple of pixels?

Are you viewing at 100% - one image pixel to one screen pixel? That's really important.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at these along the left side at 100%: before auto alignment and after. I am almost certain there was no alignment issue before applying Auto-Alignment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post the three images

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use auto align for that, maybe the reposition setting, as auto align, might distort. Either that or as Dag suggested: nudge the images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree with all the suggestions as auto align does mildly distort the images. I would try Chuck’s method if you want to prevent distortion. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines