• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto close Photoshop window when last open image closed

Engaged ,
Jul 03, 2019 Jul 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to make the Photoshop window close when the last open picture is closed leaving the computer's desktop showing? The way it used to work pre Photoshop CC?  I'm on a PC.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Hi ultrachrome,

That's a really interesting query. I don't think that this is possible as of now. We'd love to get this request and feedback submitted officially as a feature request so the engineering team can get this recorded. Could you please post this feedback here:

Photoshop | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ultrachrome,

That's a really interesting query. I don't think that this is possible as of now. We'd love to get this request and feedback submitted officially as a feature request so the engineering team can get this recorded. Could you please post this feedback here:

Photoshop | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Akash...I'll do that. I'd love to have that feature. It only came up now again because someone that works here (Film Rescue International) just moved from Photoshop 5 to CC and is really bothered by that window staying open. I remember years ago when I switched over, I had the same frustration. I got used to it though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sounds like your just seeing the difference in how mac and windows applications work.

On the mac side in photoshop one can turn off the application frame under Window>Application Frame in order to see the desktop or whatever is behind the photoshop application when all documents are closed/minimized. On windows the application frame is always on and can't be turned off.

Application Frame on

apfon.png

Application frame off

apfoff.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines