Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto-Collapse Iconic Panels With Pen Not Working

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys!

Since a few months back, something has happened to Photoshops Auto-Collapse Iconic Panels option. I have had it turned on since forever, but now it won't work and I'm finally fed up with having to manually click on them every time I want to switch panels or what have you.

I draw and paint on a Wacom Cintiq and the auto-collapse option works perfectly fine with my mouse - but it doesn't work at all with my pen anymore.

Does this sound familiar to any of you? How can I solve it? Both Photoshop and the Cintiq are up to date driver-wise.

Grateful for any and all advice!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Same. I found that disabling Windows Ink works. See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nL10xGIA_s for details.

This problem almost drove me mad. Hope it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does no one have a solution for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same. I found that disabling Windows Ink works. See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nL10xGIA_s for details.

This problem almost drove me mad. Hope it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh thank you so, so much, I will try this the next time I'm at my desktop computer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again!

I did everything mentioned in the video and for a while, it worked great, but recently Photoshop has been acting up - my pen suddenly can't draw, or erase, or something use any tools meant to leave a mark on the canvas (or even the lasso tool!), unless I save my progress, close the file and open it back up again. if I use the pen, it only leaves a little dot at the beginning of the stroke, where I first put the pen down. Is this something you've run into as well?

So now I'm stuck choosing between two problems, where both of them mess up my workflow...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, I have no idea. Mine still seems fine, but maybe it's because I switched most of my workflow from PS to another software called Clip Studio Paint which works perfectly with Windows Ink, and I seldom use PS since then.

From a software engineer's perspective, I would try re-install PS since it seems hard to debug the system according to your description 😞

Best of luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have CSP too, but my current education program sort of prefers PS, so for now I guess I'm stuck with it... But with all of these bugs and issues, I am sorely tempted to abandon ship and move over to CSP permanently.

Thank you. I'm thinking of re-installing since that's all I can do right now. Thanks for replying though, always appreciated. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines