• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto Insert Buisness Cards into Template

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All, At my works we've recently taken up the process of printing business cards. I've got everything working print side, but I was wondering if there was some way of Automatically inserting a persons business card image into the template I've made (see photo). I can manually do it but I figured it would save some time if it could be automated. If not, no worries.

Thanks for any help in advance.Capture.PNG

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would very easy to create a mockup template for that layout.  If you have that layout document the size and print resolution you want. Place in your card and size and position it over one or the card areas. The use Ctrl+J 9 times  to create 9 copies. Then position the copies over the other 9 card area. You should now have 10 smart object Layers on the top of the document's layer stack that share a single card object. Target all the layers except the top smart object layer on the top the stack. Then use menu Layer>New>Group from Layers... name the group mockup. Save you Mockup psd file.   To populate the mochup all you need to do is replace the content of the top smart object layer's object or  open the object and edit its content. You can use my "BatchMockupTemplates.jsx" script to batch populate cards,  a 10 card jpeg file will be saver for each card in the batch. Free Photoshop Photo Collage & Mockup Toolkit 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi JJMack,

Just got around to testing this out at work. Works exactly how I wanted it to. Much appreciated for the advice.

Cheers,

Harry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like the wrong tool for the job if the supplied files are vector and contain fonts (unless originally created as layered PSD/PDF/TIF retaining text layers).

What original input file formats come in to your shop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the original file are created for a high quality print of a single card there should not be a problem vector or raster the print file will be raster  Printers are not plotters  they print pixels and the file will have the pixels required for a high quality print.  However the cards need to have a proper Aspect Ratio for the template cards.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be that as it may, after 30+ years in the printing industry, I can't endorse such a workflow as best practice or even as OK just to get the job done. This is what dedicated imposition software is for, even InDesign or Illustrator would be better suited to the task than Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK do not endorse as best practice but it will get the job done and done well.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines