• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto Recover doesn't work

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I was working in a file and my computer had a hard crash. When I booted it up again and opened Photoshop, the file I was working in when it crashed didn't open as it sometimes does. So I opened the file through recent and 'lo and behold, there it was without the changes I've made over the last 3,5 hours. Strange, I thought to myself as I have autor save on for every 10 mins. So I looked in the autorecover folder, same file without the recent changes.

Contacted your support chat, they basically said "that's strange" and "sorry, the changes are gone".
To up the ante, I'm working against a deadline that is rather tight.

Anyway, Adobe, don't name stuff like "AutoSave" if it doesn't actually saves the file. A more proper name would be like "AutoSave-ish" or "SometimesMaybeAutoSave".

A huge fart to all engineers that worked on that feature.

Cheers!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So, the same thing happened again just now, only this time I only lost about 20 mins worth of work. I just have to ask, does the auto save feature actually do anything, or is it just a button connected to nothing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines