Highlighted

auto select drop down menu

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why has ctrl click stopped allowing me to choose which layer to work in? I can no longer access the drop down menu of layers and the auto-select function has gone haywire. Has something changed? This only started happening two days ago

Topics

How to, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

auto select drop down menu

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why has ctrl click stopped allowing me to choose which layer to work in? I can no longer access the drop down menu of layers and the auto-select function has gone haywire. Has something changed? This only started happening two days ago

Topics

How to, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ctrl+click should load a layer transparency as a selection.  Layer menu should work and the move tool auto select can be tricky when layers have transparency. Try resetting all tools and if the does not clear up you issues try resetting your Photoshop Preferences

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
patrice3 LATEST
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

resetting tools didn't work - now I'm gonna try resetting preferences.
Thanks for the tip

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines