Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto-zooming for multiple layers with Shift + Option + Click isn't working

New Here ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I'm working my way through Deke McClelland's tutorials on LinkedIn Learning. On Section 3 of One-on-One Fundamentals the last video is "Auto-zooming one or more layers" and he says that if you Shift + Option + Click multiple layers then it will fit the layers on the screen. However, it doesn't work when I try it, it just selects the layers without zooming. I can Option + Click one layer and it zooms or select two layers and then use View > Fit Layer(s) on Screen and it will zoom to fit the multiple layers, but it doesn't work when I Shift + Option + Click as he recommends in the video.

I've rummaged around in settings and keyboard shortcuts as well as Googled some things, but can't find a solution. Any ideas?

Thank you for any help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of photoshop and operating system are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the long delay! Mojave 10.14.6 and Photoshop 21.1.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That doesn't work for me either. Option works to zoom in on a single layer at a time.  I hate that "feature". It does it automaticlywhen I'm trying to close up my layer styles. Super annoying. 

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Pluralsight Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines