Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Automate > PDF Presentation is in reverse order Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2019 Aug 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm having trouble this morning with the Automate > PDF Presentation feature. When my pages are in the correct order (as in the image), they export in reverse order. So page 8 becomes page 1, and so on. I worked around it by adding the files individually in the wrong order - but I figure I must be missing something. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? Thanks in advance!

PDF_Order.jpg

Message was edited by: Sahil Chawla

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kaitlyn,

That does not sound good, let's make it right.

As the Automate > PDF is sorting the files in reverse order, could you please check this forum thread and let us know if it helps?

HUGE MISTAKE! = Photoshop CS6 reverse page order when you Automate > create a .PDF presentation o...

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, that's the thread that I found when searching for an answer - unfortunately, there is no resolution in that thread. Not only that, but they are using a bit of a different workflow since they are using the "add open files" feature to access their pages - whereas I am simply adding them using the "browse" function (which seems much simpler than opening each document to me).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there, 

as of 2020 it's still happening for me. Can you guys actually fix something instead of just taking my money? What a joke of a company.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I didn't realize is that my CC subscription included Acrobat DC - has that always been the case? I swear I've looked for it before & found that it wasn't included. But oh well, I have it downloaded now & it's definitely a better tool for this type of work. Regardless - I still feel like the Automate > PDF Presentation feature should be exporting in the correct order. Especially for those who may not have the "All Apps" plan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem when automating a PDF out of photoshop but it only happens when I use PDF files. When I do this with JPGS they are in the right order. I couldn't find a solution and don't have Acrobat (only a reader) so I had to save as every PDF as a jpg and then automate it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That really sucks. You shouldn't have to do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find this EXTREMELY frustrating. Why can't it just work?

I am a graphic designer and I make brochures for my clients and I can NEVER get them to save in the correct order no matter what I do. I end up exporting a dozen or so before it works and it just makes me really detest Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I found a solution for small documents. WHen you open the automate presentation and browse for your pdf files, you change the orderin the small box in the left and it exports it correctly. Hope we shouldn't have to do this, but it's a small bug fix.  

Hope it helps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's what I do. Annoying for larger documents though. Seems random every time though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines