• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Automatic layer mask application on deletion

Explorer ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to drag a layer mask to the bin at the bottom of the layers panel and it would ask me if to apply the mask or not. Now it just applies the mask automatically.

I don't know what I did to cause this change but does anyone know what setting will help me change it back please? It is really annoying.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Hi simply reset your preference and try it hope it make all things default for you....regards

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi simply reset your preference and try it hope it make all things default for you....regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try alt key + drag to the bin (Mac), or right click > Delete Layer Mask? Selecting "Don't show this again" should suppress the dialogue box though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all for answering, but I'm afraid might not have asked the questions clearly.

When I drag a mask that I don't want to continue working with to the bin, currently, PS automatically assumes I want to apply that mask to the layer and just applies it with no questions asked.

That's not what used to happen - this is a sudden change in behaviour that I did not deliberately change.

I used to get a question "Do you want to apply the mask?" to which I could reply - I think it was 'Apply' or 'delete'.

I would like to have the question, as sometimes I do and sometimes I don't and I've acceidentally gone and applied a mask I don't want to several times now.

I didn't deliberately change the settings so I'm wondering if there is any way - barr resetting all my preferences - that I can get the previous behavior including the question back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop > Preferences > General > Reset All Warning Dialogs 

is at least not resetting all Preferences. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh thank you!

This is all I was looking for - so simple yet I just couldn't figure it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines