• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Automating photoshop resizing question

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi group. I have a difficult question for you. I have the task of resizing images for the company website. We get pictures of supermarket products on white backgrounds from out clients. They are all a different size, some are landscape and some are portrait format and on some the product isn't centered in the photo.  I have to make all the products the same size in our website photos. Do you know a way of automating that. I have triend making an action using Select> subject  but i got mixed results.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. There a lot of Youtube tutorials about that topic. For example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EIcwK_efVE

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If there is a mixture of Landscape and and portraits they cans not be made the same size.  However it is a easy  task to resize all the images to fit within an area that  you will use on your Web pages.  Simple single run of Adobe's  script Images processor.   If you want more than one size of each download and install the free Plug-in Image Processor Pro. Them use menu File>Automate>Image Processor Pro... just Fill out the Dialogue.  You can even save the dialog setting for the next batch.

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the product shots have pure white backgrounds, you can use the Image > Trim command to trim based on the upper left or lower left pixel colour. This should bring all of the images to the same "focus". File > Automate > Fit Image or the "resize to fit command" in Image Processor Pro to resize to consistent pixel size, where you can choose to increase the canvas size to a fixed padding value before or after the fit image step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines