Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Automating variable color combinations

Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, 

Hoping to get a little help trying to find a solution to a job I have to do. 

I'm simplifying the job that needs to get done to help with explaning what I need. 

Annotation 2020-08-26 141936.png

Above is a template that each client will get. Each client gets those grey boxes filled with their specific colors that match with their brand. The grey boxes are set as shape layers. 
I need an idea of how to create single pdfs for each client (`10,000+) while making sure those boxes get changed to their proper cmyk color according to the brand colors. 
I was thinking about something along the lines of a data set but realized I can't apply color within datasets, I could fill those boxes with a pixel replacement BUT that would mean I would someehow need to store a jpeg of each color swatch per client brand color and that would be a route I can't take due to time. 

I'm assuming I'm going to need to do a bit of photoshop scripting in order to accomplish this and would really appreciate all the help I could get for this pressing project! 

If you need a little more clarification on the requirements please don't hesitate to ask! 

Thank you!

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yea, it looks like you need to do some scripting to do that. How do you have the customers' colors: in a spread sheet, csv file, etc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines